Tell me about the mycotoxin Chaetoglobosin A
Chaetoglobosin A is a mycotoxin produced by fungi of the genus Chaetomium. It is commonly found in soil and can contaminate crops such as wheat, corn, and rice. It is also a mold found in water damaged buildings and can contribute to serious health issues to those in the home.
Chaetoglobosin A has been shown to have toxic effects on various systems in the body, including the liver, kidneys, and immune system. In animal studies, it has been found to cause oxidative stress, inflammation, and DNA damage, as well as liver and kidney toxicity.
How does Chaetoglobosin A affect the body?
Chaetoglobosin A is a mycotoxin produced by certain fungi that can contaminate crops such as wheat, corn, and rice. When consumed in high levels, Chaetoglobosin A can have toxic effects on the body, including:
- Oxidative stress: It can increase the production of harmful reactive oxygen species, leading to cellular damage and oxidative stress.
- Inflammation: It can induce inflammation, which can lead to tissue damage and contribute to the development of chronic diseases.
- DNA damage: It has been shown to cause DNA damage, which can increase the risk of genetic mutations and cancer.
- Liver and kidney toxicity: It can cause liver and kidney damage, indicated by elevated levels of liver enzymes and creatinine.
- Respiratory symptoms: shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain
- Nervous system effects: headache, dizziness, and confusion
- Liver toxicity: elevated liver enzymes and jaundice
- Cardiovascular effects: changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Neurotoxicity: tremors, seizures, and other neurological symptoms
Can Chaetoglobosin A come from water damaged buildings?
Yes, Chaetoglobosin A can potentially be found in water-damaged buildings. The fungi that produce Chaetoglobosin A are commonly found in soil and can grow on various building materials in moist or water-damaged environments.
Water-damaged buildings can provide an ideal environment for the growth of these fungi, and exposure to water-damaged buildings has been linked to the development of various health problems, including respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and toxic effects.
How do I detox Chaetoglobosin A from my body?
Detoxing mycotoxins (and accompanying mold colonization) is a multi-layered process. If you need guidance, contact Matt about a consultation.
Some steps are:
- Avoid mold and mycotoxins in your food
- Address and prevent mold in your home
- Bind mycotoxins within your body
- Support your liver and kidneys
- Poop at least two times per day
- Use the sauna to mobilize toxins (bind before/during/after)
- Work on your gut health
Order a Mycotoxins lab (urine test) to see if you have been affected by mold toxicity.
Want to see if mycotoxins are affecting your body?
* AI generated research included