Vitamin A + Carotenoids
Vitamin A with lutein, zeaxanthin, and astaxanthin to support cellular, ocular and immune function, with carotenoids for retinal and macular health... Read More
Benefits & Features
- Provides preformed vitamin A, which bypasses genetic variations that limit conversion of beta-carotene
- Supports optical lens health and macular pigment density
- Provides antioxidant defenses to protect retinal health
- Part of the PureGenomics® product line
- Made with high-quality ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Vitamin A and zeaxanthin are synthetic
- Lutein is derived from marigold flower extract
- Astaxanthin is derived from Haematococcus pluvialis algae extract
- Red beet powder is derived from Beta vulgaris root
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Ages 18 and up
- Eye health
- Immune function support
Suggested UseAs a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
Science & ResearchThe ability to convert provitamin A carotenoids, like beta carotene, into active vitamin A varies from one person to the next, owing to genetic variations that can limit enzyme activity. Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the gene encoding the enzyme BCMO1 (β-Carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase 1) can decrease the conversion efficacy of carotenoids into retinal, the immediate precursor of vitamin A, by up to 69%. These common variations can be bypassed with dietary retinol (vitamin A).
Since variations in the BCMO1 gene have also been associated with macular pigment density, this formula includes a blend of lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin to promote macular health. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two carotenoids found in macular pigment; as such, they act to support the integrity and density of the pigment, as well as optical lens health. Astaxanthin offers support for antioxidant defenses to protect retinal health.