Fat-soluble vitamin B1 (thiamin); maintains healthy glycation activity Read More
Benefits & Features
- Maintains healthy advanced glycation end (AGE) product activity
- Promotes healthy glucose metabolism
- Supports optimal thiamine pyrophosphate activity
- Promotes vascular, retinal, kidney and neuronal health
- Contains pure Japanese-manufactured benfotiamine
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Pure Encapsulations's BenfoMax contains pure Japanese-manufactured benfotiamine. Benfotiamine is synthetic
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy glucose metabolism support
- Vascular, retinal, kidney and neuronal health
Suggested UseAs a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 1-3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
Benfotiamine, S-benzoylthiamine-Omonophosphate, is a fat-soluble vitamin B1 (thiamine) derivative that maintains healthy advanced glycation end (AGE) product activity to support vascular, nerve, retinal and kidney cellular health. Benfotiamine supports the function of several enzymes, including thiamine pyrophosphate and transketolase, which are involved in glucose metabolism and vascular function.
In a randomized crossover trial, benfotiamine supported healthy flow-mediated dilation and endothelial function in response to a heat-treated meal containing high levels of glycated proteins. In another randomized controlled study, benfotiamine supported healthy nerve conduction velocity and nerve comfort. Research suggests that benfotiamine may also maintain healthy renal glomeruli and retinal function, protein kinase C enzyme activity, and protein glycation. It may also maintain cytokine balance through modulation of NF-κB, which regulates the expression of immune mediators.